RegelnRULES OF PLAY
1. - 4 groups of 5 teams (maximum five players per team) will play a round robin format. Each team will have a bye during the round robin.
2. - All round robin games will be a maximum of 8 ends and 1 extra end, if necessary to determine the winner. In the event of a blanked extra end, the team without last stone advantage will be determined as winner. 1 point will be awarded for a win and 0 points for a loss. In each group the team with the highest number of points will be ranked as group winner. The team with the 2nd best result will be ranked on the 2nd place. Both teams will qualify directly for the Quarter Final (QF).
3. - In the event of teams finishing with the same number of points the following criteria (in order) will be used to determine ranking for the direct qualification to the Quarter Final.
(a) The record of the game between the tied teams.
(b) The team with the lesser Draw Shot Challenge (DSC) (see paragraph 5 below).
4. - In the 1st round the 2 teams flip a coin for the last stone.
In the following round robin games choice of last stone will be decided using the Last Stone Draw (LSD):
After each game 1 player (starting with the winning team first) will deliver 1 stone to the house at the home end with normal sweeping allowed and the team with the lesser LSD distance will have the choice of delivering the first or second stone in the first end of the following game. If neither team has a stone that finishes in the house or if both teams record the same distance a coin toss will decide who has the choice of delivering the 1st or 2nd stone.
Exception to the aforesaid:
Those 4 teams who have a bye in the 1st round will be able to play their LSD before the 2nd round (their 1st game) starts, right after playing 1 LSD for practice.
All stones finishing in the house are measured. Stones that do not finish in the house are recorded as 185.4 cm. Stones that finish so close at the tee (Button) that they cannot be measured are recorded as 0.0 cm.
5. - The DSC will be used where ranking cannot be determined as in paragraph 3(b) above:
The DSC is the average distance of the LSDs played by a team during its round robin games. The single least (whereas for the 4 teams who have a bye in the 1st round the least 2) favourable LSD result(s) is(are) automatically eliminated before calculating this average distance.
The team with the lesser DSC receives the higher ranking. If the DSCs are equal, then the team with the best non-equal Draws receives the higher ranking.
6. - The 1st named team in the draw will throw the dark coloured handled stones the 2nd named team will throw the light coloured handled stones.
7. - As time clocks are not being used time outs will not be allowed and the teams are asked to play fast to avoid any unwanted delays in the following draw. If the umpire determines that a team is unnecessarily delaying a game, the umpire notifies the skip of the offending team and, after that notification, if the next stone to be delivered has not reached the tee line at the delivering end within 45 seconds, the stone is removed from play immediately.
8. - All play-off games will be a maximum of 8 ends and (unlimited) extra ends are played, if necessary to determine the winner.
9. - In the Quarter Finals each group winner will have the choice of last stone.
In the Semi Final and the Final the DSC will determine which team has the choice of last stone.
10. - The losing teams in the Quarter Finals will be ranked = 5th and the losing teams in the Semi Finals will be ranked = 3rd.
11. - In all other matters the current WCF Rules will apply.
12. - In any adjudication the decision of the Chief Umpire is final.